Flatmates leftover chicken & fries.

When: 01/14/18
What: Leftover bones (chicken? ribs?) and french fries.
Where: inside the garbage of a four head flat-share
Location: Switzerland




I couldn't help but save those fries. 
I only found a handful of basic ingredients, so I had to make an effort to come up with a feasible idea.
I started mashing the fries, added some leftover peeled tomatoes and formed a dough by mixing in some flour. I spiced it up with an Italian herb mixture, including basil, oregano, thyme, garlic, onions, dried tomatoes, sugar and so on. I had neither baking powder, baking soda nor yeast or egg to bake kind of a tomato/pizza bread, which was what I first intended to do.
I then thought of those Asian steamed buns or dumplings and the European knödel - I stuffed them with near-expiration feta cheese lying in the back of the fridge, boiled them in water to firm up and finally baked them crispy in the oven. 
They were good, and one of the eaters packed them for work lunch break the next day.







Comments