Against the norm.

You know, objectively, I'm a pretty well brought-up. I'd say I know quite well what my cultural fellows consider to be decent.

I point onto people who misbehave, who break the norm, who do things that might be illegal or legal, or neither of both.
Like the ones who throw their domestic waste into public bins, which is illegal in some countries, not in others, but it's a thing that isn't meant to be.
Cyclists who cross a red traffic light cause not a single car or person is nearby.
People who don not join the queue properly and secretly get somewhere in between the line.
The ones that spit their chewing gum onto the pavement.
Those always saying "It wasn't me!" but in truth they were: the roommate that left the kitchen as if a bombshell smashed in. Those empty milk bottles inside the fridge where nobody's responsible for, of course.

All these undesirable attitudes and behaviours, I point my finger at when I observe others.

But me, myself? I'm not innocent either. I do all those things and blame others doing it equally.

Somebody might relate?

Comments